Monday, August 4, 2008

Almost Ready !

Monday was full of the work required for a person to show up at the hospital for Open Heart surgery.

Lots of Blood work, lab tests, EKG, XRays, Ultrasounds, Doppler, Vital signs, Mtg with Anesthesiologist, and lots of instructions for tonight and tomorrow.

Temp was great, Blood pressure very low. 85/42. I've had a cough that the anesthesiologist did not like. . But it only happens when I try to get a deep breath. . Hopefully not an obstacle.

There is some type of disinfecting scrub that i must scrub the surgery site, arms, and legs with and also shampoo my hair with Lather, Rinse, and Repeat it all again. . Who Knew!!?!?!

The fatique has been overwhelming. . . makes the resolve stronger! I am eager to get this behind me and make steps (and leaps) towards full health!

I was blessed to have lunch today at the hospital with one of my favorite chaplains. . . . Miss L promised to make sure that the waiting room clan is taken care of. She knows so well the tasks of CVU recovery and was really helpful. . . the nurse had asked me if I was going to be in need of Spiritual Care while I was there. . . I actually chuckled. . Uh know, I'm good, thanks. . I think we've got that covered. "Really?" Uh yea, I cant imagine anyone more prayed over than this girl!

Sooo, trying to get some stuff done at home this evening so that the house is ready for a heart surgery patient to walk back in.

Thank you again for all the undergirding and covering. God is Good!

No comments: