Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKS GIVING!!

WE DID IT! 


One day when walking the required 1 lap around the back yard in my very large blue plaid pajamas my husband says "your doing great!, If you keep this up you'll be ready for a 10k!"     Now I am pretty sure he was being just a bit sarcastic in response to the huge challenge of a 3 minute walk, but I am one to always jump on a challenge!  DO NOT ever tell me I CAN"T do something.   So I set my mind then that I would walk in the Annual Thanksgiving day 10K as the most awesome way ever to say THANK YOU FOR MY NEW HEART!

WIth the feast fixins' well underway - and a few folk still curled up in bed - Oldest dtr Amy was there at the finish line celebrating the victory of the finish.  (she had finished quite a while earlier but her hug was one of the best trophies ever!)     Yes it was a challenge, but I passed up the Chik filet cow, the flying pig, the guy in hunting boots, the guy in cowboy boots, and the granny's in velour suits and hoop earrings!!   

Today I am more thankful than any thanksgiving I have ever experienced!!!   The clicking heart says thank you / thank you / thank you / thank you.

Hope yours does too!   Happy Thanksgiving friends!!

No comments: