Friday, October 10, 2008

BRIDGES

I walked in the Bridges Freedom walk 5K. I signed up for this walk because goals motivate me. Walking continues to be an emotional blessing - still finding me in tears with each step further. The Bridges for a Just Community is a great organization- - but new to me. They do wonderful Justice work in the cincinnati area. The walk began and ended at the Freedom Center (which you must see - if you havent) . The route crossed 3 bridges between kentucky and ohio across the Ohio river to recall the journeys of slaves to freedom. Many people in the walk that pulled my heart to more courage - the one man who walked with his legs braced - he walked very slowly - and in moments of obvious pain - finished last - but did it! There was a crowd there at the finish line - cheering and applauding and crying (that was me!) There were the obvious chemo patients - the wheel chairs. I'm reminded that life truly is about courage and strength and will and gratitude and blessing. I don't recall what my time was but i did win a first place medal for my age division (there were only a few! and it wasnt a great time) but I held that medal and cried all the way to the car. I can't believe the gift of this clicking heart! So grateful so grateful!

No comments: