Sunday, June 14, 2009

Take thou Authority. . . . . . . .

How can one year contain so much grace and goodness.  This heart oh God, the one you created, the one you fixed is the one you own and the one who loves you so.  This very heart swells to consider the journey to this place.    The stole I wear was made for me by an amazing artist.  It is made up of small scraps of fabric each one representing a person or a family.  Many are from the congregation I currently serve but many are from people who I have known through the years.  It is truly one of the things I most treasure. . . Each scrap of fabric is different and unique and represents lives so dear.   Some of the stories are so funny and bring back so many joy filled memories.   There is a piece of lace from a wedding dress, a bandana from camp, a youth ministry tshirt.   There is fabric that speaks to the depth and beauty of so many relationships - pieces that sparkle, pieces that are old.  There is a piece of handmade raw silk made by women in Cambodia rescued from the sex trade.  There is 3 beautiful purple flames to represent each of my children and one beautiful gold flame perfectly placed over my heart as a sign of the love of my life and the gift of marriage.  There are scraps that remind of sadness as well.    Each time it is placed around my shoulders I am reminded that the blessing that is upon each of us is the sum total of the amazing ways are lives are so intertwined. . . . the laughter, the love, the tears, the joy.   That is life!  and Life is a gift.  Thank you Thank You thank you
Tavie, no doubt is likely sharing something irreverently inappropriate. . . . exactly why she brings so much joy into my life. .  . one of the most beautiful hearts I know. . . and believe me. . . I know a good heart when I see one.

No comments: